Project Conserve is an initiative by AISEC.
That aims to create awareness in our city (Navi Mumbai) about the grave issues of pollution, importance of environmental conservation and plant around 1500 trees around city to make it a better, cleaner and a greener city to live in. The students came on 12th of September in the afternoon from 3.00 – 5.30 pm, where they have given the report of the activities they conducted in this time. The project was led by Sumedha Anupindi, iGCDP / Organising Committee President,Project Conserve.
- 3:00-4:00 – A presentation by every international intern from Egypt,Italy and Germany where they talked about their own country,city and the environmental problems over there,the way their government tackles and what we can learn/adapt from that. Also by the end,we asked the children what they learn from the presentation and what areas can we focus on.
- 4:00-4:45– A poster making activity wherein the children were divided in a group of 6 and each group was asked to make 2 posters relating to the environment,it’s conservation and in the end every group was asked to explain about what they made in the poster along with a simple message to the environment
- 4:45-5:00– A Single presentation by all the interns about a survey they conducted of a local area in Kharghar.
- 5:00-5:15– Slogan Writing Activity.
- 5:15-5:30 – A small video shown on how to plant trees using vegetable scraps and then planting two small saplings of lemon grass and ajwain in the garden concluding the session with a feedback from all the children.